• Opera

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters

C4C

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people that use Chrome (I use it too :p) considering it doesn't have all the features Firefox has.. Then again, I think I had a Firefox phase in my web surfing life..

lucasbytegenius

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people that use Chrome (I use it too :p) considering it doesn't have all the features Firefox has.. Then again, I think I had a Firefox phase in my web surfing life..

Everyone had a Firefox phase until they found the light. Welcome, brother.

claptonman

I use chrome on all my devices, except my main desktop. Something is wrong with it, not sure what. Keeps showing pages as white until I grab it and put it back. I switched to firefox and now am on palemoon.

PCunicorn

What features does Firefox have that Chrome doesn't?

tremmor

What features does Firefox have that Chrome doesn't?

Have addon's for everything. at least thats what i like about them and use.
Have Pale Moon and Chrome. I don't see much diff. Still using Firefox. I just don't like the way they are building on it. Many of the older ver's are better i think.

PCunicorn

Have Pale Moon and Chrome. I don't see much diff. Still using Firefox. I just don't like the way they are building on it. Many of the older ver's are better i think.

There are a ton of addons for Chrome to, ya know. And besides, plugins don't really count as features.

Geoff

VIP Member
Chrome has those as well... Plus a lot which Firefox doesn't have

Jiniix

I use Firefox on my secondary monitor, and Chrome on my main. That makes Firefox my main browser, because games are occupying the main monitor.
Chrome is often not in full screen mode either, as I pretty much only use it when Firefox is displaying YouTube and I'm AFK/slacking in-game.
Why do I prefer Firefox over Chrome? It's potato-potato, but I've eaten Firefox-potatoes since they came out, and that's what I'm used to :)
I run SSDs in RAID 0 and have 100mbit. Chrome is probably, on a good day, 0.25 seconds faster at starting up and 0.05 seconds faster at tabbing around.

Last edited:

jmurray01

I've ran Firefox since version 2.0 and am now running version 28.0. There hasn't been a single moment in the 8 years I have constantly used it that I wanted to switch to another browser.

Geoff

VIP Member
I've ran Firefox since version 2.0 and am now running version 28.0. There hasn't been a single moment in the 8 years I have constantly used it that I wanted to switch to another browser.
So in other words... You're oblivious to how much better other browsers are?

I'm just messing with ya :p

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
I still use Chrome but it has annoying me lately with random problems. For example, when I click on a link in Gtalk chat in Chrome, it just closes the chat window and doesn't open the link. There was something else it was doing recently that was irritating me too, but I can't remember what it was...

lucasbytegenius

I still use Chrome but it has annoying me lately with random problems. For example, when I click on a link in Gtalk chat in Chrome, it just closes the chat window and doesn't open the link. There was something else it was doing recently that was irritating me too, but I can't remember what it was...

It might be Gtalk. Google upgraded Gtalk to Hangouts a while ago and I don't think Gtalk is supported anymore.

beers

Staff member
I liked Opera a lot until it started buggering up around 9.53.
Since then Chrome's been the way to go.

I definitely like the fact that Firefox uses a different set of settings than the rest of the system when doing things like using a proxy. It makes it so much easier to pipe certain traffic through other routes on multiple browsers.

spirit

Staff member
It might be Gtalk. Google upgraded Gtalk to Hangouts a while ago and I don't think Gtalk is supported anymore.
Eugh hate the Hangouts crap. :/

I'll live with the Gtalk issues I think...

I liked Opera a lot until it started buggering up around 9.53.
I used to use Opera until about version 10.53 (January 2011) and then ditched it when it started annoying me and stuck with Chrome.