Votes: 13 9.1%
  • 2000MHz

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • N/A I dont have FSB

Votes: 18 12.6%

• Total voters

palmmann

banned
i have a 1.2ghz celery mobile, but it is not runnin yet, so my best running fsb is 33mhz or 66mhz from a old pentium:)

gamerman4

I got A64 so i dont got one but my HTT bus speed is at 250mhz with a HTT multi of 4 so 1000mhz HTT speed. Maybe a little more info than you needed.
Nice question Praetor, fun times with dumb minds (no offense to anyone)

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
I voted 2GHz FSB. :eek: (actually I have no idea....FSB versus bus speed has always confused me cause the companies advertise the bus speed as the FSB speed)

Jon Boy

Ahaa after seaching the net I think I have found I have an 800mhz FSB. Is it any good?? and what does FSB actualy do exactely???

Bobo

banned
Jon Boy said:
Ahaa after seaching the net I think I have found I have an 800mhz FSB. Is it any good?? and what does FSB actualy do exactely???

FSB is the speed with which components in your computer talk to each other. ( I don't know what components)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Ahaa after seaching the net I think I have found I have an 800mhz FSB
Nope. 800MHz is the marketing line, your is 800MHz equivalent (200MHz*4 signals per clock)
I voted 2GHz FSB
Also wrong :) You've got an A64 so any answer with *Hz on it isn't right.
I don't know what components
Pretty much all of them, unless your board has locks

Jon Boy

apj101 said:
not everyone ;)

haha rub it in why don't you lol. And well atleast I can say I wasn't as wrong as the people who thought they had a FSB and ran AMD 64 processors lol. Well I would of if I was given the chance and had one :p

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Of 79, 24 possibly have it right. It's a common mistake and the A64 stuff makes it even easier for people who were told by sales folk what the FSB is to be wrong.

Sophocles

VIP Member
The new AMD 64's are all rated at 1000 Mhz frontside bus and in dual channel they're even further rated (I'm not sure I agree with it) as 2000 Mhz frontside bus. My frontside bus is at 1092 Mhz and since I also have dual channel memory running it can then be said that my frontside bus is 2184 Mhz.

Sophocles

VIP Member
I wanted to mention that AMD's HTT is (5X 200 which is its actual speed). Hyper transport and frontside bus essentially perform the same function except that HTT is on chip. But both are input/output through main memory.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
what the hell happened to praetor, havent seen him post in a good 2 couple of weeks, where is he?
Lets stay on topic

I bet praetor made this thread to see how many people think that an A64's FSB is 1000Mhz. An AMD actually doesnt have an FSB. (no offense penguin, lots of people make that mistake)
You mean like you?
geoff5093 said:
the socket 939 is newer, and has a 1Ghz fsb vs the 754's 800Mhz.

Geoff

VIP Member
Praetor said:
You mean like you?

I wasnt paying much attention to what i wrote, i meant to say that they have 1Ghz bus, which is because of the hypertransport.
www.amd.com said:
With up to a 2000 MHz system bus using HyperTransport technology with up to 14.4 GB/sec total processor-to-system bandwidth

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
(no offense penguin, lots of people make that mistake)
wasnt paying much attention to what i wrote, i meant to say that they have 1Ghz bus, which is because of the hypertransport.
Well "no offence" to you either, does this fall under the "saving face" or the "i was too busy knocking on other people" category? :rolleyes: :p