• AMD

Votes: 297 39.7%
  • PowerPC

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

Irishwhistle

Yeah, a few years ago, they used to be the preferred CPU for gamers.

That's hard to imagine... what about overclockers though? Because I know like the Athlon XPs would burn if the heatsink wasn't on in just the right way... seems like now gamers prefer Intel, but if they're gonna OC they prefer AMD as it's easier. :p

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
That's hard to imagine... what about overclockers though? Because I know like the Athlon XPs would burn if the heatsink wasn't on in just the right way... seems like now gamers prefer Intel, but if they're gonna OC they prefer AMD as it's easier. :p

The AMD CPU's OC'd less than the netburst intel CPUs, but the netburst chips just sucked for games.

As of now, Intel chips a lot better than AMD chips. Just look at the phenoms, they can't OC for their lives compared to Intel quad core chips.

Irishwhistle

The AMD CPU's OC'd less than the netburst intel CPUs, but the netburst chips just sucked for games.

As of now, Intel chips a lot better than AMD chips. Just look at the phenoms, they can't OC for their lives compared to Intel quad core chips.

All I know about Phenoms is that they got the box art right... looks nice and "Leopardish." :p Anyhow, from what I've heard the CPU I'm getting (in the sig) is good for OCing.

Cabanaboy

I have had 2 AMD chipsets that were BULLETPROOF. After research though, I chose the Intel I currently have for when I finally learn to overclock.

bcoffee20

i choose intel for now because they just have been releasing really good quad cores but i dono whats gonna happen in a few months when the phenom II's come out. i guess we'll see how AMD responds to intel

FairDoos

Intel for me but im a bit hesitant for my next build because of the Phenom ll so its either i7 or Phenom ll hmm?

Janck

I would choose intel, for last few years they are really better than AMD. I don't really know why you added Power PC to the poll because they are quite unrecognizable.

Twist86

AMD for bargains and Intel for higher performance.

Though the Deneb looks like it will be both cost effective AND will compete with the I7.

There isn't a single AMD processor out right now that I would buy. I am not biased by any means and only go by the best performing hardware. If you are going to build a new pc, your best bang for money right now would have to be the i7 920. OC's like a dream and crushes AMD in ever aspect.

Why you go with the P2 instead of an i7? Did you already have an AM2 mobo?

Price. To get a i7 it costs more than getting a phenom II AND a nice mobo. Why waste money on that when I can be satisfied for much less money. Intel's too freakin high. They would have alot more i7 sales if they were ddr2. ddr3 ram is a ton more expensive. And having to get a dang 200 dollar ddr3 motherboard. I got what I could afford. Also I can put the next step up on the same motherboard.I'd much rather get AMD for the price. I didn't have 500 to drop on a mobo and cpu. I got plenty of performance by spending 294 dollars on a nice motherboard and phenom II 940. 235 dollars for the cpu, and another 40 off by buying a motherboard with it. You can't beat that price dude:rolleyes:

Last edited: