• Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

zer0_c00l

pbpic2524305.jpg

:p

:d

IrishLard

AMD is much cheaper for good quality and excellent dual cores. the quad cores havent caught up yet, and when they do, i plan to buy one

Machin3

AMD is much cheaper for good quality and excellent dual cores. the quad cores havent caught up yet, and when they do, i plan to buy one

maybe its cheaper than Intel but when you think about it, AMD is not as good for gaming as Intel is. Intel has much better benchmarks for gaming then AMD does.

Twist86

I buy AMD...because if they go out of buisness you will see how much intel loves you when their Q6600 goes from 180 to 320 USD over night and their 45nm are 600 bucks each.

Competition is what saves us from horrid prices.

Also I can't tell a performance difference I tried a 9850 Phenom clocked @ 3.2ghz and a Q6600 GO at 3.6ghz and I couldn't see any kind of difference. (friends PCs)

ck923zzz

Intel or AMD

My last built was Intel:). I'm new to this but my AMD was built 2001:mad: and still working but my Intel is 1 1/2 years. For me it's Intel is better less errors, i am still learning a lot from you guys.:p

nist7

I've never really liked AMD, even though its cheaper. I heard it sucks when it comes to gaming. :(

That's weird. I've always had AMD and never had any problems gaming, as that's what I do basically on my rig. Anyway, diff strokes for diff folks I guess. Although Intel is winning the quad core war and is supposedly better overclocker than the AMDs.

Irishwhistle

I'd rather have a low end AMD CPU than a low end Inel CPU, but I'd rather have a high end Intel CPU than a high end AMD CPU... that may change with Fusion though. :D

memory

I have always been an Intel man and probably always will be. Even though I have never owned an AMD, I don't like them at all. I don't know what it is, the way they present themselves, the way they advertise, I just don't like them.

Mez

I like AMD's Phenom x4 9950 Quad-Core. Very nice.

AMD is also comming out with AM3 socket cpu's :D Going to be 45nm.

Calibretto

VIP Member
Intel for sure. It's sad that AMD lost the lead. They still make good CPUs for the average PC user, but as far as power goes, Intel leads.