• AMD

Votes: 297 39.7%
  • PowerPC

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

/\E

I stick with Intel. If the AMD cpu gets too hot, you'll need a brand new motherboard, because it makes a "boom". But if Intel gets too hot, it just turns off the PC.
I don't know anything about PowerPC.

That was back in older times that they fried... Today, they do the same as Intel and just shut down.

bubblescivic

intel here... always been even when it wasn't the fastest. i've only had one intel cpu fail due to a power outtage. i've seen/heard of plenty of my friend's amd cpus failing.

sgtsampay

I've always loved Intel but now I'm AMD as i love its great price for the product. I also don;t need the fastest CPU in the world and the AMD CPU seem fast enough for me.

jdbennet

core2 for performance

but for cheap machines, amd wins. You can get an X2 (wich is still very good, just not compared to the core2) for a fraction of the cost

Asonda

I choose AMD every time.

People can say what they want but AMD do show true engineering potential.

The phenom for example is a 'True' quad-core processor.

I don't hate Intel, I just prefer AMD. AMD seem to be trying to step up their game, so you should all watch this space.

Cleric7x9

I choose AMD every time.

People can say what they want but AMD do show true engineering potential.

The phenom for example is a 'True' quad-core processor.

I don't hate Intel, I just prefer AMD. AMD seem to be trying to step up their game, so you should all watch this space.

true engineering meaning inferior heat dissipation? how about tri-core processors (quad core with a defective core)? AMD is a great company and makes great CPUs, but you cant say their engineering is better than intel

Asonda

true engineering meaning inferior heat dissipation? how about tri-core processors (quad core with a defective core)? AMD is a great company and makes great CPUs, but you cant say their engineering is better than intel

see I put 'Potential' :D

I just choose to put my faith in them. Sure they run hotter, their mess with the triple core Phenoms. Don't know why, I just choose them for my solid office machines.

For sheer Gaming/Workstation performance, Intel at the mo are the only way to go.

jdbennet

how about tri-core processors (quad core with a defective core)

Thats nothing new, in fact its traditionally an intel thing

386s and 486s with a defective FPU were marketed as cheaper versions, thier gaming performance sucked though

Xeons with faulty cache were marketed as high end pentiums

And core chips with one core bad were marketed as solos

zer0_c00l

Well just sold my Intel e8400 setup went back to AMD ..and feeling warm and fuzzy again..maybe its just me but i like the AMD underdogs even with slower clock speeds i see no change.. AMD All the way from now on!!:D dont hate on my thread guysjust my opinion

Kornowski

VIP Member
pbpic2524305.jpg

:p