Still using Windows 95?

• Yes

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 78 75.7%

• Total voters

SC7

bball4life said:
Ya 2k isn't that bad, how much would it be for a copy of like 98 se?
You can check pricegrabber on that one, should be around $30-$40 for a sealed copy.

bball4life

SC7 said:
You can check pricegrabber on that one, should be around $30-$40 for a sealed copy.
Well there goes that idea, on price grabber its anywhere from $40 from a place I have never heard of to $140.

SC7

bball4life said:
Well there goes that idea, on price grabber its anywhere from $40 from a place I have never heard of to $140.
Hmm, oh well. Just for the hell of it, who today would buy this.

bball4life

SC7 said:
Hmm, oh well. Just for the hell of it, who today would buy this.
haha, seriously. Well I think I am just gonna stick with windows 95, gotta go get myself a cheapo keyboard and mouse for it still and figure out a display for it. The only thing good about it is it has some random decent games on it, like sonic :rolleyes: . That is probably all the use it will get.

SC7

jp198780 said:
4 real? lol, damnn, i would deffinately have XP on all my pc's, if i could....
IDK why, on some of them, Xp would slow it down. 2K is like Xp without the eye candy.

goosy22

i have 2 computers that run 95 still, 3 with 98se, and the one i'm on runs 2000 pro...

just curious... how many people know this?

windows 98se holds the record for being "the most pirated operating system in the world"

bball4life

SC7 said:
IDK why, on some of them, Xp would slow it down. 2K is like Xp without the eye candy.
Really windows 2000 isn't that bad, its a lot better the ME at least. Its just more outdated thats why it doesn't seem as good.

jp198780

i like 2000, i know XP would run slow on my Solo, i had tryed it. XP would run good on my Inspiron 5000 though. my Solo had ME on it, i reallly had 2 upgrade 2 2000 lol.

SC7

bball4life said:
Really windows 2000 isn't that bad, its a lot better the ME at least. Its just more outdated thats why it doesn't seem as good.

Of course, the NT kernel alone is a great improvement over Windows Me. The main problem for home use of Windows 2000 is that it really lacks media features, and wasn't really designed as a "Media" OS, but more of a "business" OS.

PC eye

banned
2000 Pro and XP Pro as well still need media capacity for presentations. Rather then being included in the default package the appropiate softwares are added later depending on the type of presentation like ad agency, sales dept. for a manufacturer, services industry, etc. while being initially geared for network rather then stand alone systems. Many still favor running the Pro editions of either 2000 or XP. Vista will see two versions for home namely the basic and premium editions while the other three are more business and network orientated according to the descriptions.

SC7

PC eye said:
2000 Pro and XP Pro as well still need media capacity for presentations. Rather then being included in the default package the appropiate softwares are added later depending on the type of presentation like ad agency, sales dept. for a manufacturer, services industry, etc. while being initially geared for network rather then stand alone systems. Many still favor running the Pro editions of either 2000 or XP. Vista will see two versions for home namely the basic and premium editions while the other three are more business and network orientated according to the descriptions.
That presentation technology is included in Vista, IIRC.

bball4life

PC eye said:
Ah, so the standard home and pro versions will technically no longer exist. So I am guessing the deluxe version is taking over for pro for home computers and stuff, while the pro will be mainly business?

PC eye

banned
The five versions are explained as follows: The five different editions of Windows Vista are designed to fit the way you intend to use your PC:
Windows Vista Business
Regardless of the size of your organization, Windows Vista Business will help you lower your PC management costs, improve your security, enhance your productivity, and help you stay better connected.
Windows Vista Enterprise
Windows Vista Enterprise is designed to meet the needs of large global organizations with highly complex IT infrastructures. Windows Vista Enterprise can help you lower your IT costs while providing additional layers of protection for your sensitive data.
Windows Vista Home Premium
Whether you choose to use your PC to write e-mail and surf the Internet, for home entertainment, or to track your household expenses, Windows Vista Home Premium delivers a more complete and satisfying computing experience.
Windows Vista Home Basic
Windows Vista Home Basic is designed to deliver improved reliability, security, and usability to home PC users who just want to do the basics with their PCs.
Windows Vista Ultimate
If you want all of the best business features, all of the best mobility features, and all of the best home entertainment features that Windows Vista has to offer, Windows Vista Ultimate is the solution for you. With Windows Vista Ultimate you don't have to compromise. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/editions/default.mspx