Graphic Card needed

goranpaa

Out of these which is the one that u recommended?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...r9+270&ie=UTF8&qid=1412348942&rnid=1249135011

My Processor is an i3 by intel not dual core :(

EDIT: A friend of mine asked me to wait for the GTX 960 which is about to get launched soon

I would say the MSI or the Gigabyte version. They have together with Asus the best cooling soloutions and over clocking ability for their cards
over all. But the MSI cards of today often get a slight upper hand in reviews and tests. My MSI 270X are whisper quiet even under long gaming sessions and the max load temperature are very low. So I have a good temperature headroom for overclocking the card in the future if needed?

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
Intel i3's are dual cores with Hyper Threading. I'm guessing you have the i5-540 (based on your clock speed) which is a few generations old. The Hyper Threading makes it kind of like a "fake" quad core so to speak. I had forgotten that desktop i3's had HT so it shouldn't hold you back as much as I thought.

Point still stands, get a 270 or 750TI in order to stay on your current PSU.

http://ark.intel.com/products/46473/Intel-Core-i3-540-Processor-4M-Cache-3_06-GHz

My MSI 270X are whisper quiet even under long gaming sessions and the max load temperature are very low. So I have a good temperature headroom for overclocking the card in the future if needed?

Goran, yeah you could overclock higher. If you have any other questions start a separate thread and we can help you out if you want to overclock some.

Last edited:

goranpaa

Intel i3's are dual cores with Hyper Threading. I'm guessing you have the i5-540 (based on your clock speed) which is a few generations old. The Hyper Threading makes it kind of like a "fake" quad core so to speak. I had forgotten that desktop i3's had HT so it shouldn't hold you back as much as I thought.

Point still stands, get a 270 or 750TI in order to stay on your current PSU.

http://ark.intel.com/products/46473/Intel-Core-i3-540-Processor-4M-Cache-3_06-GHz

Goran, yeah you could overclock higher. If you have any other questions start a separate thread and we can help you out if you want to overclock some.

Thanks, but I allready know everything about oc. I whas just trying to tell Sudcell how good the MSI 270 and 270X are.

goranpaa

Ok. Sorry that whas a typo.

Sudcell? The GTX 960 seems to get a price tag just under 300 USD. And likely you still need to get a new psu.

Last edited:

sudcell

Check the back of your monitor, I bet it has a DVI connection. If not then you can just use a DVI to VGA converter that comes with almost every video card. Honestly I've never noticed a difference between VGA and DVI but I'm sure there's a little bit. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Checked!!
Yes it does! :)

sudcell

Guys !!
Please tell me if i go for R9 270 do i really need to change my PSU or not.

Someone says i do, someone says i don't
Am confused :(

sudcell

Hi guys!
can I buy some brand other than corsair for the psu
I was to buy the cx600
but its costing me around 100 odd $'s
can u suggest me some other brand' s Psu?

sudcell

So FINALLY
I'VE ordered : Corsair Cx600 and MSI R9 270 from amazon.com
its been like 18hrs already since I ordered but the items have not been shipped yet!
Waiting :)

thanks guys for the help :)

total $ spent: 332
maybe this will help someone in deciding :)

goranpaa

So FINALLY
I'VE ordered : Corsair Cx600 and MSI R9 270 from amazon.com
its been like 18hrs already since I ordered but the items have not been shipped yet!
Waiting :)

thanks guys for the help :)

total $ spent: 332
maybe this will help someone in deciding :)

Very nice! That is well spent bucks I can promise you.

I hope the stuff hand landed at your home by now?

Happy computing and gaming!

sudcell

Very nice! That is well spent bucks I can promise you.

I hope the stuff hand landed at your home by now?

Happy computing and gaming!

:)
I just wish the r9 270 fit my motherboard without any issues

Good choichoice of products was possible jusy coz of you guys!
I knew nothing :p

No, the items were ordered around 24hrs back and they haven't been shipped till now although I selected amazon premium shipping policy and paid another 25-30$ for that above the shipping charges ..
estimated delivery date is: 14th to 16th of October.. :(

UPDATE: I purchased a 4gb stick of RAM yesterday :)
now ive got 6gb ram :D

goranpaa

I just wish the r9 270 fit my motherboard without any issues

Good choichoice of products was possible jusy coz of you guys!
I knew nothing :p

No, the items were ordered around 24hrs back and they haven't been shipped till now although I selected amazon premium shipping policy and paid another 25-30$ for that above the shipping charges ..
estimated delivery date is: 14th to 16th of October.. :(

As long as the motherboard have the correct graphics slot for the card? ( Wich your mobo do have ) There are a 99% chanse it wont have any issues.

You will get a 6 pin video card to 5 pin molex, video card power adapter in the MSI card bundle. Don't use that. Use the 6 pin power connector from the power supply instead.

I can well understand that it's a pain to have got a prolonged delivery. :( Whenever I myself are waiting for something that I have ordered, I'm like a child on the morning of the christmas eve. :)

Good! Then you will manage RAM vise.

A teaser about your upcoming videocard :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMiUx5rbx6I

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member

RAM: Don't upgrade RAM because your using 32 bit windows, which can't use more than 4GB now anyway. You should find a way to upgrade this if you can to 64 bit.

Unless you upgrade to Windows 64 bit your new RAM is going to go unused. You need to upgrade to 64 bit as 32 bit can't address anything more than about 4GB of RAM.

sudcell

Unless you upgrade to Windows 64 bit your new RAM is going to go unused. You need to upgrade to 64 bit as 32 bit can't address anything more than about 4GB of RAM.

Actually while playing games like MAFIA 2 on ny 8400gs with Gb of ram, I notices many times that the % of ram in use went upto 85%
so I thought of getting a new 4GB ram with 2gb

sudcell

As long as the motherboard have the correct graphics slot for the card? ( Wich your mobo do have ) There are a 99% chanse it wont have any issues.

You will get a 6 pin video card to 5 pin molex, video card power adapter in the MSI card bundle. Don't use that. Use the 6 pin power connector from the power supply instead.

I can well understand that it's a pain to have got a prolonged delivery. :( Whenever I myself are waiting for something that I have ordered, I'm like a child on the morning of the christmas eve. :)

Good! Then you will manage RAM vise.

A teaser about your upcoming videocard :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMiUx5rbx6I

Yes!
exactly
I myself have checked four times since morning that whether the items have been shipped or not..

One more thing, for 14$ more, am getting msi 270x
should I go for 270x??

Darren

Staff member
Actually while playing games like MAFIA 2 on ny 8400gs with Gb of ram, I notices many times that the % of ram in use went upto 85%
so I thought of getting a new 4GB ram with 2gb

You don't understand. Your Operating System cannot actually make use of the RAM that you have in your computer. It doesn't matter how much your currently using or if you've got 32GB of RAM in your computer. It won't be able to use more than 4GB (It's actually less than 4GB, somewhere between 3.5-4GB). That's just a limit of 32 bit operating systems. You need to upgrade your OS or return your RAM.

sudcell

You don't understand. Your Operating System cannot actually make use of the RAM that you have in your computer. It doesn't matter how much your currently using or if you've got 32GB of RAM in your computer. It won't be able to use more than 4GB (It's actually less than 4GB, somewhere between 3.5-4GB). That's just a limit of 32 bit operating systems. You need to upgrade your OS or return your RAM.

I will upgrade to 64 bit soon then :)
I have the disc with me :)

Should i go for the 270x instead and spend 14$ more? Or should i stick to the 270?