• Nvidia

Votes: 908 68.3%
  • ATI

Votes: 421 31.7%

• Total voters

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
wow, you learn something everyday, amd makes the x850xt pe? I always thought it was ATi...I was way off...
I guess thats the price you pay for being a fanboy ;)

tweaker

VIP Member
Compfreak you are funny!
lol2.gif

Personally I've always been a Nvidia man, but about 18 months ago I bought Ati's 9800Pro. This period of time has shown me just how great Ati's drivers are, they are rock solid and I love them! But this time I'm thinking about getting myself a 6600GT or a 6800GT. As we all know the #1 bang for buck brand change over time and today it seems to be in Nvidia's favour. :)

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I've always been a Nvidia man, but about 18 months ago I bought Ati's 9800Pro. This period of time has shown me just how great Ati's drivers are, they are rock solid and I love them
Aye ATi did have its moment in the sun with the 9800 series and their drivers were decently stable (for the most part i didnt have any major issues) but on the whole of things, I find nVidia drivers to be more robust (not to mention beta revs are easier to come by IMO)

tweaker

VIP Member
Praetor said:
I find nVidia drivers to be more robust (not to mention beta revs are easier to come by IMO)

Yes I agree, although Ati's drivers has improved greatly they can't really compete with nVidias, at least not yet.

Last edited:

OS Dragon

I don't know a great deal about Graphic Card (kindda, I know how the technology works but thats about it), but I preffer nVidia because I've seen the performance compared to ATI :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but I preffer nVidia because I've seen the performance compared to ATI
If they are fair comparisons, the cards tend to be mostly, neck in neck (what comparisons did you have in mind?)

ZER0X

VIP Member
Praetor said:
If they are fair comparisons, the cards tend to be mostly, neck in neck (what comparisons did you have in mind?)

My friend has a GeForce 4 AGP 8X and becuase it has a higher engine and core it runs faster during games, but!, I got a comparison between mine and his and mine has more pixel pipelines or something...now were did I see it :confused:

ZER0X

VIP Member
Apathetic said:
I like nVida yet I've never had a graphics card because its always integrated :(

My computer was intergrated, heck it still is but I dont use it, horrible for gaming :(

tweaker

VIP Member
If I'd been asked this question last year I would have ticked Ati no doubt, today I'd tick nVidia, next year..
smilie.shrug.gif

That's the reason I hardley ever vote in polls like this. :)

Last edited:

Manito6800

I don't know how many motherboards you'll find without some integrated video, but I would say go ahead and get a graphics card if you're up for it. You can only do so much with onboard video. I've got the Intel Extreme2 Driver for my 845G Mobo, (it's not much but it will run Halo :) ). I've also seen what a video card can do. I'll tell you, the card performs a LOT better. I'd say it's worth it, even if it meant the few extra bucks for an onboard video mobo.

GO NVIDIA!!!
My first card was nvidia and I just like their drivers more because I am used to them. Really other than that, I am just loyal.:)