Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Aastii

VIP Member
Is this the processor temperature?

It is yea, my GPU is at ~40 idle and 70 at load. To be honest, these haven't changed a whole lot from what they were before, though I'm not entirely suprised. Stock HSF, stock thermal paste and relatively small exhaust. Short of getting an after-market HSF, they aren't going to go down much, and spending 25% of the value of the card to drop temperatures when they are already pretty decent isn't worth it

linux992

It is yea, my GPU is at ~40 idle and 70 at load. To be honest, these haven't changed a whole lot from what they were before, though I'm not entirely suprised. Stock HSF, stock thermal paste and relatively small exhaust. Short of getting an after-market HSF, they aren't going to go down much, and spending 25% of the value of the card to drop temperatures when they are already pretty decent isn't worth it
Huh my core temp must not be working right because my idle is 15°C and I have have nothing special, cluttered case, 2 80mm fans, stock style AMD heatsink and fan. Is your processor over clocked?

Aastii

VIP Member
Huh my core temp must not be working right because my idle is 15°C and I have have nothing special, cluttered case, 2 80mm fans, stock style AMD heatsink and fan. Is your processor over clocked?

Yes, only at 3.4GHz though (from 2.8). For stable every day use it won't go too much further, or rather I am not comfortable having it much further because of the additional voltages required to keep it stable

What are you using to monitor temperatures, and what is the room temperature?

linux992

I am using Core Temp 1.0. Room temp is about 18°C. Here is a photo maybe I am looking at the wrong temperature.
screenshot1.png

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
I am using Core Temp 1.0. Room temp is about 18°C. Here is a photo maybe I am looking at the wrong temperature.

snip

If the room temperature is ~18 degrees, it is impossible for those readings to be correct because you don't have a cooling solution that will allow you to go lower than ambient temperature

linkin

VIP Member
That's what I thought. I wonder why it would be off like that?

I suppose that they have the issue as thuban: Temperature offset. Try HWMonitor. I believe the temp sensors in thuban are only accurate when under load? I'm not quite sure.

before1.png

after1.png

after2.png

after3.png

after4.png

Mounted the H60 in the drive bays. Far less noise from the fans. Next up: Replacing the remaining case fans with different ones :D

Last edited:

linux992

I suppose that they have the issue as thuban: Temperature offset. Try HWMonitor. I believe the temp sensors in thuban are only accurate when under load? I'm not quite sure.

Its Propus though. And even with HWMonitor it says 11°C-15°C =/.

spirit

Staff member
Here are my two machines!

Main machine (specs in signature are out of date)
Spec:
NZXT Lexa S case
Core i5 760 2.8GHz
8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
Crucial M4 128GB SSD (boot drive)
WD Caviar Green 2TB hard drive (storage)
EVGA GeForce GTS 450 Superclocked 1024MB GDDR5
650W PSU (yeah I know it's a cheap brand)
Foxconn H55M-S motherboard mATX
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Looking to change the motherboard to an ASUS P7P55D-E soon and hopefully upgrading from 8GB 1333MHz to either 12GB 1333MHz or 16GB 1333MHz.

My desk setup:

DSC05985.jpg

Outer:

DSC05778.jpg

DSC05986-2.jpg

DSC05997.jpg

DSC05996.jpg

Inner:

DSC05992.jpg

My 'legacy rig' from 2005
Spec:
Athlon 64 3700+ 2.8GHz
1GB DDR RAM
WD 80GB IDE HDD (boot drive)
WD 40GB IDE HDD (storage)
CLUB GeForce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 (AGP)
450W Antec PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 (yeah Windows 7 runs great on this would you believe?)

This machine is just sitting at the back of the room at the moment but I will make a setup for it for it soon!

Outer:

DSC05989.jpg

DSC05999.jpg

DSC06006.jpg

(there's a fan mounted on the inside of the case which cools the hard drives)

Inner:

DSC06001.jpg

DSC06003.jpg