Restarting?

PC eye

banned
The one time I ordered a case with a supply the news wasn't good! After the first two weeks the system failed to start one day until a substitute was installed. Hopefully someone here can look over the makes and models at the vendors you can order from and pick up something worth the time.

PC eye

banned
There won't be any guaranty since this is only the most likely while not being verified 100%. If it later did prove to be the board, cpu, or even video card you will have a better supply for the replacement(s)? or even later for a new build down the road.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I'm getting a new CPU and MOBO with the PSU so I'm hoping this completely gets rid of the problem, I'm going to go ape if it doesn't!

Kornowski

VIP Member
Well, I know the motherboard is going to be the ASRock 775DUAL-VISTA becasue I get to keep most of the stuff I have now.

As for the CPU, I know it's an Intel Core 2 but I don't know what yet, Actually, I think it's going to be the E6300 but there's a slight chance it could the E6600...

Kornowski

VIP Member
I've read up on it and people have said that I won't notice a difference there and it isn't that important...

PC eye

banned
I wouldn't worry about it too much for the moment as long as you get a good running case together. You will notice a big jump going from the old Atholon cpu into a dual core system however. That should see a smile fast when things speed by much faster and you start saying "slow down"! :p

Kornowski

VIP Member
Lol, Yeah, I will see a huge difference... How long have the XP models been out now?

Well, that doesn't bother me, this'll be the last upgrade for a good while :D

PC eye

banned
You have to edit and choose the delete post option! The first Atholon was a 900mhz model I've seen discussed back in 2000. That's about the time the first Socket A board were available. Those soon replaced the Slot A boards.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Socket A is damn old!

I can't wait to get this upgrade! :D

Looks like il be the only remaining computer forum member using an old Socket A system then:D

you traitor Kornowski :D

Nah hopefully i can get me a new system built up soon:p

Kornowski

VIP Member
Looks like il be the only remaining computer forum member using an old Socket A system then:D

you traitor Kornowski :D

Nah hopefully i can get me a new system built up soon:p

I think there's one or two others...

I'm not traitor! Come to the dark side :p

Yeah, Are you still going to take a look at a computer fair with your cousin?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not traitor! Come to the dark side :p

Yeah, Are you still going to take a look at a computer fair with your cousin?

Nah im only joking about the traitor thingy:D

Yes i definatly will go with him next time he goes....havnt asked him when hes going though next time.

Hes usualy building Pcs for people so probably soon.