Shin Etsu X23-7783D

Sedah

okay, I re-applied it for a second time, hopefully it'll be better hehe, i'll get back w/ the results after a couple days of it setting

bomberboysk

Just remember a few things(To All)-
Dont "spread" it, use the drop in the middle method.
Warm it in hot water for 2-5 minutes before applying.
Before clamping/screwing the heatsink or waterblock down, twist it either way about 20 degrees in order to spread it a bit more.
After screwing it down, open prime or linx for 30 minutes or so to heat the TIM and let it spread a bit more.

Sedah

okay finally got some "good" results after the 2nd try of applying it, it dropped all my idle cores but a good 1-2c's and load pretty much stayed the same, maybe 1c drop or so...hardest thing about this was the application...you need to put it in boiling water for a good 2-3minutes or so and don't spread it...let the heatsink pressure spread it out for you...and what you don't want to do is lift up your heatsink after putting pressure on it to see if it spread out good, that ruins the spread of the paste. but other than that it's a good paste...your gettin it at the same price as the mx-2, actually cheaper if you get more than 1

funkysnair

VIP Member
You ever get around to trying it?:D

i have mate i just want to give it a few days to cure, i have run prime 95 a few times etc...

i will post results in next few days

i took screen shots of temp idle and full load using old theremal paste that had cured so i want to do same with this stuff

bomberboysk

i have mate i just want to give it a few days to cure, i have run prime 95 a few times etc...

i will post results in next few days

i took screen shots of temp idle and full load using old theremal paste that had cured so i want to do same with this stuff
Alright, sounds good.

funkysnair

VIP Member
results are in......

cooling is via xspc 360 radiator with 3 120mm noctua fans, EK supreme Lt block, ddc pump/xspc top here we go---\/

arctic cooling mx-2
idle
befornewtim.png

Shin Etsu X23-7783D
idle
newtimaddedidle.png

arctic cooling mx-2
%100
beforenewtim100-1.png

Shin Etsu X23-7783D
%100
newtim100-1.png

i allowed the Shin Etsu X23-7783D 4 days ti cure, running prime95 every now and again te get temps up then cool down...

i must add that the temps before i let cure were actually higher than the mx-2

overall a drop in temps, im happy

thanx bomberboysk

Last edited:

bomberboysk

results are in......

cooling is via xspc 360 radiator with 3 120mm noctua fans, EK supreme Lt block, ddc pump/xspc top here we go---\/

arctic cooling mx-2
idle
befornewtim.png

Shin Etsu X23-7783D
idle
newtimaddedidle.png

arctic cooling mx-2
%100
beforenewtim100-1.png

Shin Etsu X23-7783D
%100
newtim100-1.png

i allowed the Shin Etsu X23-7783D 4 days ti cure, running prime95 every now and again te get temps up then cool down...

i must add that the temps before i let cure were actually higher than the mx-2

overall a drop in temps, im happy

thanx bomberboysk
Impressive, especially against MX-2 which alot of people find to be one of the better ones. Ive noticed that temps drop over the first day or two aswell, its not really "curing" in the fact of as5 and whatnot, but it needs a day or two for the solvents to evaporate.