Votes: 117 43.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 89 33.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 62 23.1%

• Total voters

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I've already discussed this topic to death but in light of the recently added poll I'll had a bit more.

Considering the PS3 and Wii are not released yet and I don't own a 360... I'll say, I'm looking forward mostly to the Wii because I find the controller scheme exciting and I look forward to Zelda and Mario. I cannot say which I "like best" as I've not played any of them ;).

Marzeth

Since when does the PS3 have an Uber advantage over the Xbox 360 in terms of processing? It doesn't.
-And to get the facts straight, the game resistance fall of man is running on un-compressed data, giving it its size in gb. So yes the Xbox could run it, it's just that the early Blu-Ray media won't have much in ways of compression yet. So the Xbox could do it, it's just that the game is running on un-compressed data. etc.

In terms of processing, they may be close. But if you think about it, its been a year of 360 and comparing the second year 360 games to the launch games of PS3, there is really no difference. You'd think they would have already taken it above and beyond, but they haven't. Developers have worked with the 360s architecture for a while, unlike the PS3, but games are equal. Makes you wonder. Tha's all.

In regards to compressed data, it means slower load times. Uncompressed data... well, you catch my drift.

Last edited:

JFHuff

Always been into playstation but im thinking of possibly switching to 360 to give it a chance. Ill probably end up getting a ps3 though as well. As for the wii I havent played nintendo since super nintendo first came out. (which was a good system at the time :cool: )

robina_80

is it true that you cant buy preownd games or rent games for the ps3 or copy them for that matter, but the last one is illegal so dont answer that,also the ps3 controllers are badly designed you have to move your hand to get to some buttons, also the powere and eject buttons are heat touch buttons so if its a hot day it could eject or turn off

calumn

PS3 is not like the wii and the XBOX360. They are both mainly just gaming systems witha few extra features but the PS3 with its cell processor offers lots moe than that.

tlarkin

VIP Member
If there is one thing that is constant about these three companies is that Sony makes failed products.

Beta Max
Mini Disc
and next will be blu ray

I mean who wants to pay for an 80 dollar cable if they don't have a proper TV to run blu ray discs on their PS 3? Not to mention the hefty price tag on their games and console. At those prices I would rather just dump that into a gaming PC, you would get more for your buck and it would be at least upgradeable.

Nintendo has been around for over 100 years, that says something right there. Also, I think Nintendo is going back to its roots, its all about the gamers now. You can dress up some new fancy games with good graphics but overall they are crappy games. I have been playing video games for over 20 years now, so I have seen a lot. There are plenty of newer games that I play thorugh once and are cool but the replay value on them sucks. They look nice and fancy but overall they are just lame. I think a lot of video games have lost their touch with actual game play.

I think that the final fantasy franchise was pretty much destroyed after FF7. The newer ones are just boring, and FFX was way boring towards the end. Graphical content is not the end all be all factor in gaming.

Plus the wii doesn't look like crap by any means, though it is not the most hardware advanced of the three. What it does offer is unique game play, and it may possibly revolutionize gaming again, just like Nintendo did back in the 80s.

I can still pick up contra or zelda and play them with just as much fun as I did years ago, that doesn't really hold true to a lot of more modern games.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
This is a little bit off topic, but I just found out yesterday that Microsoft won't be publishing any more games for the XBOX, but Sony will continue to make games for the PS2. I think this is going to be a very bad move by MS, and one point in Sony's corner for once!

tlarkin

VIP Member
This is a little bit off topic, but I just found out yesterday that Microsoft won't be publishing any more games for the XBOX, but Sony will continue to make games for the PS2. I think this is going to be a very bad move by MS, and one point in Sony's corner for once!

Nintendo is going to continue with GC games and the wii supports (in rom file format) Turbographics 16, nes, snes, n64, sega

It will be able to play 10s of thousands of titles at launch. The rom games will range between 5 and 7 dollars it is speculated, and it is up to the vendor of the games. Some will be free, and others probably in package deals, like 50 games for 20 bucks or something like that.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
i dont think the original NES/SNES cassettes will fit in the Wii tough :(

No your right, NES/SNES "cartridges" will not fit in the Wii :). But as suggested by tlarkin they will be in a "Rom" form. You'll download them straight to the Wii and play them via the classic controller which is also included! I'm so excited about Wii :).

I believe you purchase points cards and then use the points to purchase the games.

tlarkin

VIP Member
No your right, NES/SNES "cartridges" will not fit in the Wii :). But as suggested by tlarkin they will be in a "Rom" form. You'll download them straight to the Wii and play them via the classic controller which is also included! I'm so excited about Wii :).

I believe you purchase points cards and then use the points to purchase the games.

No doubt, a Friend of mine manages a blockbuster with a game store in it. I am #1 on the call list for the Wii. I have money saved up in the bank too, I am gonna drop like 500 bucks getting the system and several games.

Then I am going to use all my sick days right afterwards....:D

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Then I am going to use all my sick days right afterwards....:D

LMAO! that's a good one :). I'll prob. just get Zelda right away. Between Zelda and all the sports games packed in the box I'll be happy for a good month or two.

tlarkin

VIP Member
well I work for a school system so I get lots of days off, and man when winter break comes along....i think I am going to lose brain cells from downloading half the NES catalog and playing them.....

Anyways, zelda looks pretty sweet as well. I am definitely buying it with the wii

skyhigh

not sure

i am a true playstation fan i hav had 1 my whole life but i want an xbox 360 but if i was going to be given a free ps3 then i would take it and keeps it but sony is a big bunch o liars:mad: