Votes: 117 43.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 89 33.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 62 23.1%

• Total voters

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Welcome to the site and the discussion. Playing for 6 hours is gonna hurt you though LOL.

Well, I used to spend 10+ hours playing Smash Bros. on the N64 and came out of it none the worse for wear, except for some nasty headaches at the end of the night... Most bloody fun I've ever had!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well, I used to spend 10+ hours playing Smash Bros. on the N64 and came out of it none the worse for wear, except for some nasty headaches at the end of the night... Most bloody fun I've ever had!

Of course I was joking LOL. I sat once for approx. 12 hours with a friend on our PC's Playing Tzar: Burden of the Crown.

Marzeth

It did come with a component video cable, but however is not HDMI compatible....yet o_O

And just for the record, my 360 does not overheat, unless, i put it on carpet and play it for an extended period of time, more than 6 hours. And yes i did play for 6 hours at a friends house, we beat PDZ in that one night.

No way! Now I understand why the 360 can only do 1080i, because due to component cables the images get de-interlaced to a 1080p-look.
Man, MS couldn't even answer if the 360 could process 1080p content either.

That explains a lot! It makes me feel a lot easier about buying the HDMI Cable for my PS3.

Archangel

VIP Member
You can read the following in regards to storage issues and regarding load times, that is always taken care of during development if there's an issue. Most importantly, it might not necessarily be heavier content but more content.

exacly.. but you are still bound to a rate of data transport.. and more data takes longer to be cpied then..
also, if they make the games even bigger as now.. its either very sloppy programming, or its a lot more work. with sloppy programming, the game would take long to load, and with a lot more work, it would become too expensive on the development side of the game ( so the game would become even more expensive)
this is my oppinion, and from what iver read so far, i can honestly say i believe it. it's going to take quite a wile before Blu ray is going to be 'the' future.. because for most things a normal data CD is enough, and for the bigger stuff, they have DVD's to satisfy the needs

I still stick to the point that sony uses the blu ray disk in the PS3, because noone or at least not many people can make copies of them yet. that will make it impossible to get games the illegal way ( and it really fit's the policy they made for the games )

Marzeth

if a game takes too long to load, you know it won't go far and so do developers. this is what i mean by "them taking care of during development". one of the many things they balance during the development of any video game is "load times", because this is extremely important.

for instance, long ago, world maps used to be 100% loaded and GPUs would process them even when out of sight. nowadays, world maps get loaded in section and GPUs only process what is visible, without the mention that they load with multiple textures and many other things.

as proof, everyone who has reviewed Resistance (game spoken of in storage article mentioned) is already larger for a Dual Layer HD-DVD to hold but loads extremely well and development has increased the amount of multiplayers from 32 to 40. if your hypothesis were true in this case, the more content would equal the less multiplayers.

and when i mean the future, i don't mean tomorrow or a few months from now, i only mean that one thing is certain: on launch day there is already a game that is placing the storage capabilities of next generation consoles to the test and all but one is victorious.

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
as proof, everyone who has reviewed Resistance (game spoken of in storage article mentioned) is already larger for a Dual Layer HD-DVD to hold but loads extremely well and development has increased the amount of multiplayers from 32 to 40. if your hypothesis were true in this case, the more content would equal the less multiplayers.

I wouldnt really call that 'proof' have you tried it yourself? have you even seen it yourself? i mean, they can tell a lot of things.. but if it actually turns out to be true.. thats a whole different story.

Marzeth

i totally agree with you on the "proof" wording, where "evidence" would be equally as wrong.
i guess that we'll have to wait until launch for that, but the mere mention of the progress and capabilities are good enough. something the 360 lacked in terms of "above-and-beyond" expectations. and before anyone bashes me, i do hope the PS3 lives to its expectations, although i'm confident it will.

Archangel

VIP Member
i totally agree with you on the "proof" wording, where "evidence" would be equally as wrong.
i guess that we'll have to wait until launch for that, but the mere mention of the progress and capabilities are good enough. something the 360 lacked in terms of "above-and-beyond" expectations. and before anyone bashes me, i do hope the PS3 lives to its expectations, although i'm confident it will.

dont get me wrong... its completely not my intention the bash anyone or so.. :eek: however,.. people are getting hopes up on prereleased spec's everytime, and then are dissappointed if it isnt that good.
I'm pretty sure we can excpect a lot from the PS3,.. im just not sure if its worth the actual price tag ( and with that, i mean as a console, not as a box with technology in it ;) )

MasterEVC

PS3 has the same features as xbox live, if not better. Its also free.
They also ripped it all from M$. Sony cant think of their own ideas. They steal from others then claim that the other company stole the idea from them:rolleyes:

Examples:

Their online, supposed to have same stuff as XBL, hmm coincidence? I think not.

The motion sensing in the controllers, that was taken from Nintendo who had it first and mentioned it before Sony ever had.

Sony cant be original with their ideas they just take some other companies ideas and claim they had it first. I want to see Sony fail. Sony's other propritary formats have failed, and UMD is doing the same too. Sony overprices their stuff. A PS2 is not worth more then $100 now and they are charging way more then its worth for OLD technology and besides by now everyone and their mother has one (unfortauntely) same goes for PSP, overpriced, and Sony over-acessorizes too.

Back in the Xbox and PS2 days, to get a PS2 to have the same as a Xbox you had to spend $35 for a network adapter (Xbox had one built in), $25 for a multitap (Xbox already had 4 ports), $25 for a tiny 8MB card (Xbox had 1000x more space built in). The PS2 also had a horrible ratio of good games to shit games, for every 1 good game it had, there had to be about 40 bad/shit games for the system. Thats horrible. They just let anyone make games for the system even when they know its not good just so they can claim they have a huge library of games. Now the SNES had a nice size library of games, but they had a LOT of good games and some crappy games (every system has them, but Sony seems to have the most crappy games on it)

XBL is $50 a YEAR yes, that turns out to just over $4/month. Thats for a great service, lots of items such as XBLA, patches, themes, videos, demos, and more. Even if Sony steals the idea and claims it to be free, it wont be as good and it will always be a XBL ripoff. Come on Sony come up with your own ideas for once :rolleyes:

As for the future standard, I hope its HD-DVD and not Blue-Ray. Blue-Ray is ahead of its time, any movie that needs 40+GB for content is absurd. Also any game that requires that much space is absurd as well.

What about Sony's lies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wzmf0ChL24

http://wikihost.org/wikis/ukres/programm/gebo.prg?name=sonyps3_lies

http://www.gameklip.com/v/1390/

untitledvs0.png

a5.jpg

Last edited:

Marzeth

I might be very wrong, but how original is the Xbox Live idea compared to Gamespy? And I'm asking because I don't know. But specifically because I don't think that an online hub is not a "new idea"

Also, about the motion controller... that was not Nintendo's idea! Come on! That was Mocrisoft's idea to start with. They made that controller for PCs and failed incredibly.

And I'm totally with you DCI on the "stealing from Microsoft". Come on! Microsoft's empire was and is based on that!

Expensive, expensive, expensive! Yes! It is! And I'll buy it and I'll let you know if I wasted my money or if I made the best move ever by acquiring the latest in Video Game and High Definition Player.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Sega Saturn was the first console to offer online gaming, even before broadband was available.

Sega, also had their own cable channel you could play video games via sega TV

I would say Sega is more of a pioneer for this. Just my opinion though.

Nintendo has been around for over 100 years making games (they originally made board games) and has evolved into what it is now. They could have possibly had ideas before anyone else did since they have been around so long.

I think the wii is still the better console out there considering its features and all the games it can play plus its online capabilities.

R2_Shot_U

MasterEVC you have made some excellent points, i dont know how every1 thinks sony is already going to be the console titan of the war, there have been a bunch of lies, and the realtime ps3 movie didnt prove anything other than *The games with adapt to your playing to make it harder*. Theres 2 things there, what if you dont want it harder and your just playing for recreation, and how many times will it adapt? Once? Twice? The movie didnt even show in-game adaptations, it just showed some boxers and expected you to believe it without question. Sony is pretty much betting its company on Blu_Ray, and if thats all they got, they're gonna get a big shock when there system sells to a few company faithful ppl and no1 else. Im betting that most ppl will get a 360 and a Wii.

Marzeth

Isn't it funny that we are about 6 weeks away from launch and still haven't seen any major developments for the marketing of the PS3 and Wii?
I can't remember how the previous generation was, but I'm pretty sure it felt more alive.
I guess they are saving their Marleting budget for other use.
What do you guys think?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I don't really remember the major TV marketing and other sources really started until about a month before the release, so that's on track. As for the budget, especially in Sony's case more of the budget is going to development on the PS3 than the PS2.