• Opera

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters

PCunicorn

Maybe in benchmarks but last I checked they were all similar in real world usage. Also the UI seemed to be quite good on IE. Maybe even better then Chrome, but I'm not sure since I never used it for an extended period of time.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
It's still slower than Chrome and Firefox though.

Maybe in benchmarks but last I checked they were all similar in real world usage. Also the UI seemed to be quite good on IE. Maybe even better then Chrome, but I'm not sure since I never used it for an extended period of time.

I don't think there's a lot in it but when you install some pieces of software they also install pointless IE add-ons that slow it down so I disable those.

I'm not an IE fan by any means but it's not a bad browser at all. Starting from IE9 it got a lot better and the UI looked a lot more modern and less cluttered.

bomatt

I've been using Firefox for about 5 years now and love everything about it. I'm in my second year of school as a computer programming major and for programmers the best browsers to use are Firefox and Chrome. They are pretty much up to date with all the programming algorithms available today. IE and Opera don't update the programming standards all the time when they do update their browsers.

Can you use Firefox on Mac's? Or can you only use Safari?

I just thought of that and was wondering. (I'm a PC guy)

Stattovic

I have always used Firefox since it came out, I like the tabs at the top where I can put my favorite websites etc. I might look however at Pale Moon, never heard of it but people on here seem to like it. Vic

PS: Wish I knew how to put a signature on these posts ?

Agent Smith

I used to use Mozilla which was beofre Firefox. When Firefox changed their GUI and said F it and now running Pale Moon.

SilentLucidity

I voted Chrome , Been through a few the past number of years and this to me is by far the best , the main feature i love is how it is integrated into Google search , having a virtual profile online where everything is linked no matter what computer you log into , all your details , bookmarks , logins are there. So easy to manage.

ninjabubbles3

I prefer either chrome or pale moon, firefox at this point is just copying chrome, and ie just takes forever to load. Instead of having multiple tabs, i like multiple browsers, so i swap between chrome and pale moon a lot. However, on my nexus 7, i have chrome, and i love how it saves my bookmarks and stuff to desktop chrome.

demonikal

I was always a Firefox user. I tried Safari a long, long time ago, but I didn't like it. I've switched exclusively to Chrome a few weeks ago. I imported all my bookmarks from Firefox. I was actually considering uninstalling Firefox from my computer.

Anyone who wants to know load times, CPU usage, and memory usage, should check out the image below. I found it when I was just looking for names of browsers that were less known and low profile when it came to using resources. If pics don't load (my first time adding a pic to a CF.com post - then here's the entire two page article anyway: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/battle-of-the-browsers-in-cpu-and-memory-usage/ Looks like it was written a year ago.

Here's what the Green Browser's interface looks like. I'm gonna give it a try.

browsers-green-1.png

browser-scores-chart2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

demonikal

Thanks! :) I have no idea why it did that. I wasn't using this new Green Browser to add the pictures. And like I was given advice to make an IMGUR account, that's what I did a while back, so that was the site I linked the pictures to.

Agent Smith

I'm pissed off Pale Moon's new version breaks a lot of addons and my mom couldn't even list anything on ebay so I downgraded it. I am going to check out Cyberfox.

C4C

I used to use Chrome but switched over to Opera and like it more. It's ties into the Win8 theme better and everything isn't tied into Google Drive haha.