• Opera

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters

C4C

That's a great graphic! I always felt like Opera was faster then Chrome but it may also be that I don't have any plugins.

*** I'll have to checkout Pale Moon sometime..

Last edited:

Agent Smith

That's a great graphic! I always felt like Opera was faster then Chrome but it may also be that I don't have any plugins.

*** I'll have to checkout Pale Moon sometime..

Pale Moon uses a GUID system for addons now and has gone completely to crap. If I were to update my install to the latest it would break a lot of my addons. So I would look into Cyberfox. Although I'm trying to use Cyberfox with Sandboxie and have no luck on the Sandboxie forum.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Pale Moon uses a GUID system for addons now and has gone completely to crap. If I were to update my install to the latest it would break a lot of my addons. So I would look into Cyberfox. Although I'm trying to use Cyberfox with Sandboxie and have no luck on the Sandboxie forum.

Yeah I realized the other day that ad block isn't working anymore on pale moon. Sucks.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
That's why I'm still running PM 24 on my desktop, but everything still works fine on the latest version on my laptop (aside from the missing add-on buttons).

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Guess I'll have to find it and install it this afternoon when I get home from work. Can't stand ads and the underlined text that are ads. Started seeing them yesterday or day before.

Agent Smith

Pale Moon has their own Adblock now which I don't care for because it doesn't have the list's like Adblock edge had such as malware and privacy lists.

http://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/privacy-and-security/adblock-latitude/

They really screwed the pooch on this new Pale Moon GUID crap. Now I'm using Cyberfox and it works with Sandboxie after I asked on the Sandboxie forums. I updated my blog here. http://blog.************.net/?p=42

The only thing I don't like about cyberfox is that now with the update the search engines show icons and no name and I have over 10 search engines and little icons don't help me know which ones which except the obvious Google, yahoo and DuckDuck Go.

Here's what this crap looks like now. Edit- I guess a pop up shows up displaying the name of each search engine when you place your cursor over the icon.

mh1669t.jpg

Last edited:

PCunicorn

If you guys are using an old veron of a browser because you don't like the new versions, it's time to switch browsers.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Like I said, I have no issues with my laptop. There's just one add-on I use on my desktop that doesn't work with the new version.

silv55

Yeah I realized the other day that ad block isn't working anymore on pale moon. Sucks.

I Use Google Chrome,i use to have Fire Fox but at some time Fire Fox and add-block plus did not let me to watch streams on some sites without disabling the add-block,
i know that there are ways to block element but i never could do it,so i got Chrome and it makes it easy to block element and browse most all sites without disabling Add-block.
all you got to do is to click on the red add block applet and click element and click the ABP applet and remove;see example pic attach. kriv8.ucoz.com and leave,##titleewrapper
and add and voila no more adds and i can watch my streams without being bothered by adds.

http://postimg.org/image/o9foj83xb/f58539d3/

Attachments

• Screenshot - 01232015 - 07:14:50 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 01232015 - 07:14:50 PM.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

C4C

PaleMoon has become my new favorite because of John and Voyager conversing... It's just as quick as Opera and I enjoy the add-ons...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
PaleMoon has become my new favorite because of John and Voyager conversing... It's just as quick as Opera and I enjoy the add-ons...

Pale Moon is awesome. I won't use anything else. They are finally fixing the bugs with the new version and some addons.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I've never tried Pale Moon, I'm still a Chrome user. Sure, Chrome is pretty bloated, but it has some killer features:

• Syncing with Android for bookmarks, form fields, passwords, etc.
  • Control Google Play Music via keyboard shortcuts and media keys
  • The Chrome Remote Desktop extension is the easiest way of remoting into your devices. I have it installed on all my devices and can access them all from anywhere, even my phone over mobile data. No need to install a client app to control, just open Chrome Apps.
  • Desktop notifications bring a small pop-up window on the corner of my screen when I get a new e-mail, when a song changes, when a torrent finishes downloading, etc.
  • Multi-user support. I have a work and personal Google account, and can easily switch between two without having to log out. Bookmarks, extensions, look and feel, etc. carry over to whichever account is being used for that particular tab.

Last edited:

silv55

I've never tried Pale Moon, I'm still a Chrome user. Sure, Chrome is pretty bloated, but it has some killer features:

• Syncing with Android for bookmarks, form fields, passwords, etc.
  • Control Google Play Music via keyboard shortcuts and media keys
  • The Chrome Remote Desktop extension is the easiest way of remoting into your devices. I have it installed on all my devices and can access them all from anywhere, even my phone over mobile data. No need to install a client app to control, just open Chrome Apps.
  • Desktop notifications bring a small pop-up window on the corner of my screen when I get a new e-mail, when a song changes, when a torrent finishes downloading, etc.
  • Multi-user support. I have a work and personal Google account, and can easily switch between two without having to log out. Bookmarks, extensions, look and feel, etc. carry over to whichever account is being used for that particular tab.

I agree with you? it's more like plug and play, and that's what i like, shame on Firefox making it so hard to block element, with Chrome is so easy that a cave man can do it.Also now i can install and re-install OPS and just go in ESPN 3 and click on a Video stream and it offers me to download Flash player and google chrome, and log in Google chrome and boom i get all my favorite links.

Last edited:

beers

Staff member
I'm getting increasingly lazy as time goes on, so Chrome 24/7!

Are there any other browsers that have independent proxy settings of IE though? I've only seen Firefox as having this, which is useful for piping traffic across a VPN/Proxy in another browser without having to juggle a bunch of settings (I Anyconnect back to my home ASA from work on a pretty daily basis).