• Intel

Votes: 262 35.7%
  • Power PC

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 9 1.2%

• Total voters

Advitiya Saxena

What real criteria do u take when choosing a processor, Only microprocessor is not involved. Whole system should give the best performance.

Intel is much more compatible with most of the hardware n softwares.
I cant really make any difference in performance of an AMD system n Intel system with same config. But i have never invested in an AMD myself yet.

super_xero

they are both realy the same both eaqual in good and bad point dont really matter what u chose but now its more to do with gpu choice

Filip

super_xero said:
they are both realy the same both eaqual in good and bad point dont really matter what u chose but now its more to do with gpu choice

yeah but intels are better in video encoding decoding and stuff like that, but that doesn't bother me cuz i don't do that stuff :D AMD RULEZ

Apathetic

Whats the difference between Hypertransport and Hyperthreading. It had no reason with me buying AMD, but Im still curious whats so great about them both.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
they are completely different. Hyperthreading simulates dual cores, hypertransport is AMDs bus system.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
geoff5093 said:
i agree, i was a huge intel fan before, but now im an amd fan, i will never buy a celeron every again! im sticking with semprons and athlon 64's :D

I would never recommend a Celeron to anyone. They tend to be slower than say the P3. A P3 600mhz outran a 1.3 ghz celeron. The celerons are about just like their AMD Duron counterparts. I build computers on the side for poeple. If money isn't an issue then I recommend the P4, if it is then I recommend the sempron. The semprom is a good processor for someone just starting out. Nobody has requested a gaming pc yet, I deal with mainly 30-50 yr olds. Myself, will always be a P4 person. But then again I'm not much into games either. IMO, neither company is better than the other and both will be around for years to come. But there comes a time when all this speed won't mean anything except maybe for bussinesses. I just built a system for myself 2 weeks ago. P4 3.4 775 1mb cache, 1gb dual channel corsair ram, Asus p5gd1 motherboard. radeon x300se 128 mb pci express, dvd, dvd burner, 120 gb maxtor Sata hard drive, 19 in. AOpen flat screen lcd, with a total cost of about $1250 USD. With stock cooling fan processor temp is 51 degrees C (a little on the high side I think) and mb temperature is 43 degrees C. This replaces my Dell system with a std P4 of 2.53 ghz which I handed down to my kids. There will not be a need for me to upgrade any further. But hey, thats my 2 cents worth.

Geoff

VIP Member
jimkiker said:
My oppinion is..Intel 4ever..

what makes you say that? thats what i thought before trying out an amd, and the cpu in my sign performs much better at gaming and at 3dmark then my P4 3Ghz w/ht.

tweaker

VIP Member
The topic of the thread is:

"Which CPU brand do you choose?"

Not what is better than the other for this or that.

Keep on topic and respect everyones opinion. We've had to much flamewars around already.

Geoff

VIP Member
tweaker said:
The topic of the thread is:

"Which CPU brand do you choose?"

Not what is better than the other for this or that.

Keep on topic and respect everyones opinion. We've had to much flamewars around already.

i wasnt saying that intel sucks and that he should get an amd, i was wondering why he thinks intel is the best.

tweaker

VIP Member
geoff5093 said:
i was wondering why he thinks intel is the best.

Prolly the same reason you seem to prefer AMD, it's an endless cycle and you know it so why bother stirring things up.

tweaker

VIP Member
geoff5093 said:
i actually preferred intel over amd... until i actually tried an amd.

Yes we know, and it might have been the opposite way around for him who knows?
shrug.gif

Thing is, doesn't matter in the subject.

Im a new member currently only 12 years old. Anyways I chose AMD for sure. I just bought a socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 3700+ and its absolutly awsome!

Last edited: