• Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters

Geoff

VIP Member
My pc isn't dated, just can't stand chrome... so :gun: you :eek:

Chrome? Chrome belongs on cars and motorcycles, not a computer.
banghead.gif

Pale Moon FTW.
icon_pimp.gif
If you use Android, Chrome has a ton of benefits.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Oh hey!
I just noticed on the poll that...NOBODY IS USING SAFARI?! :eek:

That's because it's just as bad as IE.

Oh, and seriously, your LOL's, ROFL's, LMAO's, and :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D are SERIOUSLY getting old. Learn some new vocabulary and don't use the smileys so much.

lucasbytegenius

Gotta admit I wasn't too impressed with it when I tried it out recently. Preferred Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

Yeah, if you use Chrome or Opera there really isn't a need to use Safari these days, unless you're some Apple-only software elitist.

By the way, IE11 is pretty good. I consider it quite a few levels above Firefox these days, it's a lot faster and renders most websites pretty nicely.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
That's because it's just as bad as IE.

Oh, and seriously, your LOL's, ROFL's, LMAO's, and :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D are SERIOUSLY getting old. Learn some new vocabulary and don't use the smileys so much.

As long as my vocabulary is not breaking the law,the forum rules or insolting anyone,I see no problems in it.
After all...this is just a forum.

So anyway !!!:D!!!

Firefox is also my favorite internet browser,but new version of IE is also pretty damn good and fast.
And I might just try Safari next month on my UAC test computer 2 when I get enough time.I am curious to see what has changed. :p

lucasbytegenius

I would say they are about even, FF and IE11. Firefox's UI seems a bit less responsive (and pretty), but then you have the security issues with IE.

I find Firefox to be significantly less responsive than IE, and the obvious Chrome UI cloning turns me off, like the previous Opera UI clone. But yeah the security issues are a problem.

PCunicorn

I just downloaded FF, and it's a huge improvement over Nightly. The UI feels way more responsive. Doesn't look real close to Chrome either, the curves are way different. Really, it'd be stupid to pick IE over FF. They are both similar in load times, etc. but Firefox has less security issues.

Still not gonna switch though. I love Opera's UI, plus it's as fast as Chrome (which is slightly faster then Firefox and IE).

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I remember when I was 5 years old when Microsoft released Internet Explorer version 1.0 on 16 of August 1995.It was a reworked version of Spyglass Mosaic which Microsoft licensed from Spyglass Inc.Like many other companies initiating browser development...Like Mozilla project which was created 3 years later in 1998.
So anyway it was released as part of the add-on package "Plus!" for Windows 95 that year if my memory serves me right.Newer versions were available as free downloads if I remember correcty or in service packs and included in the OEM service releases of Windows 95 operating system and later versions of Windows systems...
Back then...Internet Explorer 1.0 was such a gigantic famous software...and today in 2014. IE 1.0 is a total peace of crap hahaha! :eek:

Oh and also the Internet Explorer team began with approximately just six people in early development.Just 6!!! :D

I wonder...what web sites IE 1.0 CAN open...hmmm...:rolleyes:

Russel

Epic web browser. Blocks all tracking, does not record searches, so theres no history and can work as a proxy. Is brill.

Calin

I find Firefox to be significantly less responsive than IE, and the obvious Chrome UI cloning turns me off, like the previous Opera UI clone. But yeah the security issues are a problem.

Just fanboys... for me all browsers are the same, I use ff just because I am used to the UI.

PCunicorn

Honestly though, they are all similar enough. IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera all load pages quick enough, support all modern web standards, etc. Some are more secure, some have a better UI, etc. but it really doesn't make a huge difference and usally it just comes down to personal preference, normally over UI.

lucasbytegenius

Honestly though, they are all similar enough.
Only Chrome and Opera are.
IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera all load pages quick enough,
Nope. Chrome, Opera, and IE are above Firefox in that area, Chrome at the top, and IE just above Firefox because of responsiveness and IE is pretty darn snappy.
support all modern web standards, etc.
Also nope. The Blink engine (used by Chrome and Opera) support more than Gecko, though less legacy ones, Gecko supports way too many legacy ones and not enough modern ones, and IE doesn't support enough.
Some are more secure, some have a better UI, etc. but it really doesn't make a huge difference and usally it just comes down to personal preference, normally over UI.
Uh, I think security makes a big difference unless you don't browse the web with these browsers.
Performance and responsiveness also play a huge role in preference, in both of which Chrome/Opera and IE pwn Firefox and its derivatives. IE is behind Chrome and Firefox in terms of security right now though and it doesn't really have an easy way to customize it.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Changed to IE11 and Opera. After FF got rid of the CEO for his personal views. Which in no way showed in his job performance. Don't have any use for it anymore or anything built using its code. This political correctness is getting really old. Political correctness has turned me off supporting anything I don't necessarily agree with but went along with because of not wanting to judge. Not anymore.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Honestly Lucas I can barely tell the difference between Firefox, Opera, Chrome and IE here on my system in terms of page loading speeds.