windows 8 beta is now out

Meh to win 8, Like said before" we don't need a new os"

Who on cf agrees that, we could do fine with win 7, vista and xp for long time still?

claptonman

Meh to win 8, Like said before" we don't need a new os"

Who on cf agrees that, we could do fine with win 7, vista and xp for long time still?

7 and vista, sure, but not XP. Majority of users I know only have 32-bit, support is ending, and some games are not playable on XP, like BF3.

If windows 8 gets a desktop look and is the same price as win 7, if I ever need another copy, I would absolutely get windows 8.

MyCattMaxx

I've got spare comps to play with.
2 are twins. I moved the W8 drive to the twin, now that I can hook up more than one comp at a time in this room.
I'm messing around with ATI drivers right now trying to get my video to work right.
I got my network set up so the comps will share since I took the 3rd drive from my normally used comp.

BTW, XP will be just fine.
If you have good AV/internet software there is nothing to fear unless you like to do shady things with your comp.

Last edited:
Yes!!!!! Thank goodness!!!!!! people agree!!!!!!!! woot!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think people should all go to linux, then maybe if everyone stop Microsoft, they he might stop making new os's. I hate Microsoft.

MyCattMaxx

Yes!!!!! Thank goodness!!!!!! people agree!!!!!!!! woot!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think people should all go to linux, then maybe if everyone stop Microsoft, they he might stop making new os's. I hate Microsoft.
Agree with what?
I have Linux, but I still prefer Windows for most things.
Microsoft needs the new OS for tablets etc.

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
that he probably did. I don't exactly agree with microsoft, I would rather sit on Linux than 7, but if choice comes down to it and drivers exist for it, I would use windows 2000 over them all. Why? I feel that it was the best ever even over XP.

I won't say I hate them though, as there are some things that Linux can't do without major workarounds, like gaming. And the schools servers refuse flat out to recognize Crunchbang and Fedora to connect to the internet.

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
You use Windows 2000 for most things?
With SP1,SP2,SP3 and SP4 I suppose?

Yea that is a good OS.Even though XP is the same thing only the NT version jumped from 5.0 to 5.1 and many things are enhanced.But Windows 2000 and Windows XP are both very good.
Some people say that XP is a disneyland version of Windows 2000 lol.I guess that is because of default XP theme look.
But I use classic Windows 95/98 theme look anyway.I like that one the most.

Cheers!

Geoff

VIP Member
Do you think before you post?

wolfeking

banned
You use Windows 2000 for most things?
With SP1,SP2,SP3 and SP4 I suppose?

Yea that is a good OS.Even though XP is the same thing only the NT version jumped from 5.0 to 5.1 and many things are enhanced.But Windows 2000 and Windows XP are both very good.
Some people say that XP is a disneyland version of Windows 2000 lol.I guess that is because of default XP theme look.
But I use classic Windows 95/98 theme look anyway.I like that one the most.

Cheers!
Actually, yes. I love 2000, and as long as what I am doing will work on it, I am happy. I don't like XP. The looks just ain't there, it looks like a toy to me. But i feel that soon I will have to move to XP permanently, as Flash is no longer supported in 2000 (without modding system files), and I use youtube a lot. But then again, I always got Linux for that.

Do you think before you post?
This too.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
But i feel that soon I will have to move to XP permanently, as Flash is no longer supported in 2000 (without modding system files), and I use youtube a lot.

Don't give up from Windows 2000!
If you like it so much,do whatever it takes to make things work on it!

:D

That is what I say for Windows XP.Windows XP is my favorite and will use it at least until 2020. and WILL do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make things work on it :D

Let's say it together wolfeking:

WINDOWS 2000 AND WINDOWS XP FOREVER!!!

MyCattMaxx

W8Desktop1.jpg

wolfeking

banned
Don't give up from Windows 2000!
If you like it so much,do whatever it takes to make things work on it!

:D

That is what I say for Windows XP.Windows XP is my favorite and will use it at least until 2020. and WILL do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make things work on it :D

Let's say it together wolfeking:

WINDOWS 2000 AND WINDOWS XP FOREVER!!!
2K forever! Or until there is no more workarounds.

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh534/A-10WH/W8Desktop1.jpg
How are you liking it so far?

MyCattMaxx

Not too bad.
Seems quicker than W7.
I have it in a twin computer of one I have W7 on.
Right now drivers seen to be a bit of an issue, I had to use some older Vista 64 vid driver.
I assume by release time more drivers will be available.
I don't care for the metro as I use a desktop and not a mobile.
I have been working on getting W7 and W8 as close as I can then see if it would be worth buying, but this is just a preview so the final is sure to be different.
You can see I added the start button to it.

I suspect with the feedback Microsoft is getting that there will be an option on install if you want metro or not.

wolfeking

banned
or maybe they could make it a login screen option. That way if you want metro you get it or if you want desktop you get it, but are not limited to one or the other.

MyCattMaxx

I was joking.
I don't use them and never had a problem.
I have nothing to hide and am the only one who uses them without my being present.

Besides, I use Predator for times I'm away.

wolfeking

banned
Well not all of us are so lucky, and The login screen is always there weather or not you enter your info. If you don't have a password set it just bypasses it via auto login. That is assuming that windows does something similar to linux in that regard.