Project :: Dark_Water

Mankz_91

hello again, well sorta......

the reason i stopped doing this project, has been 'left by the road-side' i.e. i dumped her....:cool:

ive not done that much, as ive been trying to have as much fun as possible, but ive done a little bit over the last few days, which i'll post in a couple of minutes..:)

there should be lots of big/little updates over the next couple of weeks or so.......:D

AJ¬

Mankz_91

Update :: Ive done some CNC today...!

DSC00010.jpg

Designing it on MAC...

DSC00009.jpg

some other minions...

DSC00011.jpg

The Laser cutter...

DSC00012.jpg

6mm Acrylic before cutting

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

Cutting in da machine'!

DSC00015.jpg

finished product

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

nice and shiny :dremel:

DSC00017.jpg

and now back to 'me time'... Banana Nesquick....Jam on Toast....Midget Gems....and Futerama.....

Rambo

Nice to see your doing something with it now. :)

What is that peice of plastic you cut out, going to be used for? It looks a bit like a fan holder, but I'm not sure...

Mankz_91

they have decided not to slice me open in the end

i just have to 'rest' it for a week or so..... :duh: but being almost 15, im not going to listen to them :naughty:

Anywho....im hoping to get my orderes put in tommorow for a whole load of watercooling and general modding bits..... :clap:

PA220109.jpg

I did some marking out on the Mobo plate for where im gonna cut it. This will be so i can easily tighten/loosed the hold down for the TDX...

PA220107.jpg

PA220101.jpg

And some other random photos of the hardware.... (I love that RAM!!!)

PA220110.jpg

and now back to killing people on BF2 :p

Mankz_91

......Anyway, I was getting all the other 'bits' ordered when i sorta realised i can't afford half of it.... So now, there is no aquatube ect. but i still ordered the barbs, however, i think i forgot to order the 8/10mm tubing :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
So, if i have, i'll have to go back to using my 1/2" ID tubing.... anyway im gonna get some more spray paint and filler to use on the front drivebays.....

but yesterday....::

PA230113.jpg

PA230114.jpg

I wanted the front door to look plain, so i wanted to get rid of the holes that show the HDD and Power LEDs.. (these are gonna be hooked up the LED's on some vandal switches -|- the Power one will go on the power switch -|- the HDD activity will go on the LED on the CC on off Vandal.....)

PA230115.jpg

Because there are no LED's, i started sanding off the small images, and will dremel out the rest of the raised holes this afternoon....

Mankz_91

first update of today....

PA240121.jpg

i went out earlier and got my self some fairly cheap Bonbo / Car Body filler to use on the front bezels.....

PA240120.jpg

I want the main front to look slightly plain, but flat and clean.... Im gopping to eventually get a small temp read-out to go next to the switches (which should be here tommorow morning......

PA240122.jpg

PA240123.jpg

This is my first experiance with filler, so i hope it looks good after some sanding.....

Mankz_91

well, my filler hasn't dried...... so when my mum and my brother are out tommorow i can start doing some proper sanding....

PA240124.jpg

i started drawing the mounting holes for the pump... im gonna try and use some M4 screws and bolts....

PA240125.jpg

and heres a general shot of the random room where im working...

my packages should be here tommorow aswell.....

Mankz_91

This morning, 3 of my 4 packages arrived.....

PA250126.jpg

PA250128.jpg

A load o' general Modding Stuff....

PA250129.jpg

I was supprised how big this Heatsink was....

PA250130.jpg

PA250131.jpg

PA250132.jpg

It didn't fit on becuase of my EK X18/19 so i cut down some of the smaller
fins...

PA250139.jpg

i used some AS5 when mounting it instead of the funny stuff that came with it....

Mankz_91

Package 2....

PA250133.jpg

PA250134.jpg

im quiet annoyed because i didn't get my PSU silencer or my Molex extractors.... :sigh:

Package 3

PA250135.jpg

when i opened the package, i found this...

PA250136.jpg

but when i opened up the box i found this...

PA250137.jpg

I like the look of the HDD silencer....

PA250138.jpg

fit very nicely....

BUT... i ordered 2 right-angled barbs, 14 straight barbs, and some 'molex eyes'but only got one of ech of the barbs and non of the molex things....

so i hope they may come later today....

Rambo

Wow - it seems that if everyone just ignores this thread, you post lots of pictures and updates! :D

Very nice work Mankz!

P.S. Who takes the picture when you're playing BF2? :)

Archangel

VIP Member
you know whats the downside of this project tough... by the time its finished the pc in side will be outdated. ;)

anyway's.. looking good so far

Mankz_91

hush..........:D

im not fussed if the hardware is old...

i'll keep it for a while, get a mid range DX10 card and 2Gb of RAM eventually....

Im off to go sanding again now, then when my other package with the various cables and fans come, i can start putting it together....
Im gonna keep the inside of th case as it is for now, then may take it all out and get it painted at school....

@ Rambo...:: It was taken by my Brother....